The Leadtheme WordPress theme is designed to make it easy and affordable to generate leads online. We have included special enhancements in the theme files themselves that require some extra setup. Since we don’t want to reinvent the wheel, we also have designed Leadtheme to work with the cForms plugin.
For Facebook Page setup instructions, Click Here
Preparing Your Setup
This process is slightly advanced and is crucial to generate leads effectively online. If you need help, don’t forget we offer complete WordPress setup and hosting solutions.
In order to ensure that our content and fom packs work properly, you must start with a fresh WordPress Install. If you have existing pages in your site, back them up, delete and reinstall WordPress and add your old pages in after adding one of our content packs.
Install a Leadtheme Content Pack
- Download the latest copy of the Content Pack of your choice. Once downloaded, make sure to unzip the file.
- Log into your WordPress site
- On the left nav menu in the admin, click “Tools”
- Click “Import”
NOTE: WordPress 3+ may prompt you to install the WordPress Backup plugin when you click the import button. When prompted, follow the steps for installing the plugin and make sure to activate it. Once activated, click the “Import” link again and proceed to step 5.
- At the bottom of the list click “WordPress”
- Use the browse box to navigate to the Content Pack XML file from the zip file you downloaded earlier and select it.
- click “Submit”
Thats it. All of our prewritten content and page structure will be installed on your site.
Choose Your Web Site’s Topic
Due to the fact that our content packs are for websites of all types, most of the time you will want to hide some of the pages in the main nav menu. For instance, if you are using the site for to generate home buyer leads only, you might not want to show all of the “private lending” content, or vice versa. This allows you to use multiple copies of the Content Pack on multiple sites and dial each one in to generate the specific lead type you are after.
To disable pages from the main navigation menu…
- Log into your WordPress Site
- Click “Leadtheme” at the bottom of the main navigation menu. This is Leadtheme’s main options page that allows you to control all of Leadtheme’s options.
- In the “Exclude Pages from Header Navigation” section of the page, highlight the pages that you want to EXCLUDE from the site. You may select more than one page by ctrl+clicking (command+click on the Mac).
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
The pages you highlighted will no longer appear on the site’s main navigation menu. You can reactivate them whenever you want. You can also make different sites and try out different combinations of the pages.
Once you have the correct page structure showing up on your site, we highly recommend that you edit the text a little bit on each page. Our Content Packs are really just templates to make it easy to get your site set up quickly. While they have a solid message and page structure, it is a good idea to tell your visitors what you are all about in your own words. The pages are easily editable, let them hear what you have to say. The more you edit the pages to focus on your specific business, the better you will do on the search engines.
To edit your pages, choose “Pages” and “Edit” in the main navigation of your WordPress site admin and select the page you want to edit.
Setting up your WordPress Site’s Home Page
To use Leadtheme the way it is intended, we recommend that you set your homepage to display a “page” instead of a “post”.
We have made special features that only work if you have your WordPress set up this way.
- Log into your WordPress site
- Click “Settings” in the main WordPress admin navigation menu.
- Click “Reading”
- In the “Front page displays” section, choose “Static Page” and select “Home” from the drop down list.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page
Now, if you use one of our Content Packs, you will have an editable page section of the homepage and it will also display your latest post(s)
Download and Install cForms II Plugin
Alright, now you have a site with pages. In order to generate leads with your site, you need a form for visitors to fill out. In order to use the Prewritten Forms from the Content Pack, you must download and install the cforms II plugin to your WordPress site. This plugin will allow you to easily add forms to your site. Once you install and activate this plugin, you will be able to use all of our pre-written forms.
Import Leadtheme Form Presets
This process is slightly advanced and is crucial to generate leads. If you need help, don’t forget we offer complete WordPress setup and hosting solutions.
Once you have activated the cForms II plugin on your WordPress Site, complete the following steps to install the forms from the Form Pack.
- Download and unzip the Leadtheme Content Pack of your choice (the form pack is included inside the Content Pack)
- Log into your WordPress site’s admin
- Click “cForms” on the left navigation menu in your WordPress admin
- Click â€śGlobal Settingsâ€ť
- In the upper right side of your screen, a box named â€śAdmin Actionsâ€ť should appear. Click it to expand it and expose the admin action links.
- Click â€śBackup & Restore All Settingsâ€ť
- A pop up will appear. Click the â€śBrowseâ€ť button on the file chooser and navigate to where you unzipped the Content Pack File from earlier. Select the Form Pack file
- Click the â€śRestore All Settings Nowâ€ť button. This will load all of the REIhomesales forms as well as all of the proper settings for the cForms plugin.
- To set the email address that the forms send to and the â€śfromâ€ť address on your autoresponder messaages, click â€śForm Settingsâ€ť on the cForms menu on the left side of the screen. On the top of your screen, there will be numbers 1-8. When you first arrive on this page, the number 1 will be highlighted. This indicates that you are editing the 1st form.
- Click â€śAdmin Email Message Optionsâ€ť to expand the admin email control panel.
- In the â€śFROM: email addressâ€ť field, change the email address to whatever address you want your autoresponder emails to come from. When a user submits the form on your site, they are emailed a message from this address.
- The next field is called â€ťAdmin email address(es)â€ť. Change this email address to whatever address you would like use to receive notifications when someone submits a form. This tells the system where to send your leads. Make sure to enter the address correctly.
- On the â€śAdmin Actionsâ€ť panel, click â€śUpdate Settingsâ€ť to save your changes.
- Click the number of the next form on the top (numbers 1-8 on the top of the screen) to go to the next form and repeat steps 12-14 for each of your forms.
You now have the ability to easily add any of these forms to your site’s pages and posts as well as in the side bar in a normal widget or in our special lead form.
To enable our general lead form at the top of your site’s sidebar…
- Log into your WordPress site admin
- Click “Leadtheme” at the bottom of the main WordPress admin navigation menu
- Click the check box to “Enable Leadtheme Lead Form”
- In the following field, type in what you want the title of your lead form to say. You can use this form to generate any sort of basic leads. Just put whatever title on to ask for what you want to know…keep it short.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Save”
Change the Header Image on Your Site
When you first install the Leadtheme WordPress Theme, the header is a temporary example to show you where you can place your logo or company name. To change the header image to a more personalized image, complete the following steps.
- Download the Leadtheme Header Image Pack, and unzip the file on your computer. Inside this file there are a few image files for each skin. One file is a sample to demonstrate the optimal size and placement of your logo. One file is a version with only a sample logo icon and no text. The other is a blank version that is simply a background image for you to place your logo on.
- Whether you want to use the blank version to add a completely custom logo or you want to simply add text to the default logo version is up to you. The rest of the process is the same no matter how custom you want to get.
- Open the header file you want to customize in your favorite image editing application.
- Paste your logo or type your company name onto the background
- Save your new header file as a .gif, or .jpg file.
- Log into your WordPress admin.
- Click the â€śAppearanceâ€ť link on the main admin navigation on the left side of your screen. This will expand the menu to expose the other Appearance menu links.
- Click â€śHeaderâ€ť or â€śCustom Headerâ€ť.
- Click the â€śBrowseâ€ť button and navigate to your new header image file that you just created.
- Click the â€śUploadâ€ť button to upload your new header.
- Click â€śSave Changesâ€ť. Your new header will now be active on your site.
NOTE: The header image must be the same size as the examples. If you upload an image with different dimensions, the image will get stretched or squished to fit into the header space. Also, when using the new â€śskinsâ€ť in the theme, the header will most likely not match the skin when you first activate the skin. The samples in the Header Pack include a sample header for each skin.
If you need help creating a custom header image for your site, we are now offering header image creation services starting at $15. Email firstname.lastname@example.org today to get us to make this image for you.
As we build more updates to Leadtheme, we will periodically update this page. If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment. If you need help, don’t forget we offer complete WordPress setup and hosting solutions.